My Interview by B’School Forum April,2013 B'School-Newsletter


me:        Please tell me something about your life and career?
nmleepsa.iitk:   I am current working as guest faculty at LM Thapar School of Management, Thapar University, Patiala. I am a passionate reader and wholehearted writer. Recently, I completed my doctoral studies from Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. My teaching and research interest lies in Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance and Management Accounting.
Born and brought up in Odisha (India), I did my schooling at Children’s Centre of Integral Education, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. My graduation days were at RD Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. With the blessing of God, I was able to earn credentials in my academic career with three gold medals during my Masters, pursued at Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
Writing had always been my passion since my childhood days when I made it a daily routine to jot down thoughts in my diary. Although, I had never thought of becoming a writer by profession, but my own ideas or those taken from magazines or newspapers kept the writer inside me always alive. I earned several accolades for writing since childhood which motivated me to publish my first book “Shades of Love and Life”. My poetry was first published in Scuzzy - VGSoM newsletter for its alumni. I won in valentine poetry contest orgainsed by Poet’s Corner in 2013. Few of my poems are accepted for publication in contemporary vibes magazine, national anthology series ' I am A Poet' and 'With Love’. The book review of my book “Shades of Love and Life” is accepted in Poet’s international magazine.

My parents, Mr. Nabaghan Jena and Mrs. Madhabika Jena have always extended their love, support and encouragement to pursue my career in spite of different adversities. They always provided me moral support in all my career decisions. I am thankful to my father, who always from my childhood suggested practicing writing. I am thankful to my mother, who always inspired to be involved in extra-curricular activities apart from academic studies. I am grateful to all those persons in my life who have filled in my heart different emotions to turn it into a poetic heart. I am thankful to God to bestow upon me the whole thing to turn me into a poet. One can know more about my articles at http://nmleepsa.blogspot.com. One can reach me at leepsa.writer@gmail.com or n.m.leepsa@gmail.com.

me :  How is the PHD scope available at Vinod Gupta Institute of Management and what all other courses available?
nmleepsa.iitk : The detail of PhD program is available at institute website (http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/). Apart from PhD, the school offers MBA, EMBA and MS program.
me : Please tell something about your thesis paper?
 nmleepsa.iitk : The thesis work is basically on “Mergers and Acquisition in Indian Manufacturing Companies”. Basically, Mergers and Acquisitions are corporate strategies for achieving faster growth. Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) are the inorganic growth strategies which have got its significance in today’s corporate world due to intensely competitive business environment. M&A have grown not only in volume but also in value. The research objective of my thesis is to observe performance of M&A particularly with reference to manufacturing companies in India.
me : You have written a book called "Shades of Love and Life", tell something about it?
 nmleepsa.iitk :Sometimes we feel to express our love to the person who makes us feel like being in love with life. The person who makes us alive and everything in surrounding seems like being in harmony taking us to a different world. We feel the heaven on the earth. But either we fear to express them in thought of losing them or express them after losing them. Sometimes we express them through our eyes thinking that they would understand them or sometimes we express them opening the words of heart in front of them. This poem book is an attempt to express these emotions, feelings and thoughts of all those persons who have spent some part of their life in the world of love. The sad part of life is sometimes love happens only to those who do not love us. We love someone who does not love us and they loved someone who did not love them back. This is the sad part of life but still life goes on and still we believe in love. This is luck which we name as destiny. This book is a collection of plethora of such emotions, feelings, memories of love and life, touching people of different walks of life.  It is a collection of around 80 poems.  The book released on 1st October 2012.

 The details of the book are in the following four links-

In flipkart - http://goo.gl/Pabal, In amazon- http://goo.gl/H2yQZ

In
cyberwit - http://goo.gl/sv1mX,  In Shefari- http://goo.gl/V05aE


me : If I compare you with Shobhaa Dey how you will react to the situation?

nmleepsa.iitk : At first, I would ask you, “Why”?

I would like to know why you would compare me with her not other authors. One of my friends once named me, “Next Arundhati Roy”, when I wrote a long mail on culture. So, I am curious to know, from the crowd of different writers, why you chose her name.

I am naive in the field in writing. I am a poet in the making. But she has already earned so many milestones as an author, columnist, and blogger. I would like to praise her to the skies for her every achievement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prowess database..basic steps to use

Lessons from a Matchstick

Odisha: Memories Recollected