Walking with Daddy

Walking with Daddy

Daddy walking ahead
with his huge steps,
cannot catch up with him,
my tiny feet run and leap
but I fall short and then
I free my hand.

run away and farther,
away from papa,
away to freedom,
away towards the sun.
But the sun sets,
it gets dark,
alone and tired of running,
I cry.

I need you now daddy,
give me the comfort of your hand,
carry me now,
over your shoulders,
I am so tired.

Put me on  your lap daddy,
sing me a 
lullaby,
let me chatter in my tongue,
is it foreign?
I want to be heard and
I long to hear your voice.
Cradle me to sleep now
so that I can wake 
up
the next morning
find my feet in sync with yours.

Got the copy of resonance. my poems was published ... walking with my daddy
Copyright Leepsa

No automatic alt text available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prowess database..basic steps to use

Lessons from a Matchstick

Odisha: Memories Recollected